81 You Need A Hobby
127 You Have One
Dor

Dor Does Books

Oh, hai! I read books, then I write down what I think of them.

Reading progress update: I've read some out of many pages.

A Game of Thrones  - George R.R. Martin

I cracked and bought the whole set of the books because they were stupid cheap on Amazon. Seven English Pounds and Ninety Nine English pence.

I also have all 3 LOTR books because they were 99p each, even though Tolkein makes me stabby. I have a 70s hardback copy of the books as well, even though I'll never read it again because the print was too small for me a decade ago and, as I say, I get stabby.

This one is getting read while I walk Wren (yes, I walk my kitten; no, I don't care if you judge me. I'm walking around the garden with an 8 month old cat strapped into a red harness I intend to embroider Prince of Wales feathers onto. I am immune to your mockery.).

It's ... one of these I think would never make it out of a slushpile without some writing credits to back it up. I know there must be something good here because the first series of the TV show was pretty good, but I'm not finding it in the book (which I'd never have a hope of following without the benefit of the aforementioned TV show).

Hmmm.