81 You Need A Hobby
127 You Have One
Dor

Dor Does Books

Oh, hai! I read books, then I write down what I think of them.

The Facebook Diet: 50 Funny Signs of Facebook Addiction and Ways to Unplug with a Digital Detox (The Unplug Series)

The Facebook Diet: 50 Funny Signs of Facebook Addiction and Ways to Unplug with a Digital Detox - Gemini Adams

To be honest, personally speaking I didn't care for this book much. It's nice enough but I think I would like it more if it was ... dialled up a bit. I feel like I'm already familiar with most of the "You know you're a Facebook addict when..." one liners and the cartoons, while nice, aren't bringing anything particular to the party. I don't feel as though I could see a cartoon elsewhere and realise it's by Gemini Adams. Donning my "Maiden Aunt" hat, I'll mention there is one cartoon which borders on risqué territory, but there's none of the smutty humour so beloved of greetings card manufacturers; a big plus point in my book. I could really have lived without the "You're suicidal if you don't get more than 200 happy birthday messages" one but, again, that's just me. Although I didn't care for it, it does what it tries to do pretty well. In what is possibly the most helpful review statement ever: if you like it, you'll like it; if you don't, you won't. It's a nice little giftbook for somebody keen on Facebook - the type of thing you'd find next to the tills in the bookshop - and despite my complaints, I can think of several people in my life I could buy it for. It's ideal Secret Santa/thank you gift fodder. I'm going to give it 3 stars, which in my review structure is "It does what I expected it to do". If you aren't me, you may well like it more.